VISIT OUR PARTNER
For more information, please contact us today!
- What is Woodfinder?
Woodfinder is the unique Web site that matches up buyers and sellers of lumber, veneer and sawmill services. Woodfinder members list their businesses, products and services in the Woodfinder database. We attract qualified buyers to the site through our national advertising efforts.
Once they reach the Woodfinder search page, visitors can search the database in any of several ways--by ZIP code, by wood species,etc.--and receive a list of all or our suppliers that meet their search criteria.
If your business sells wood, veneer or sawmill services, a Woodfinder membership is the best Internet investment you can make, even if you already have your own Web site!
- What are some benefits of becoming a Woodfinder member?
Woodfinder works much like a cooperative, where many businesses join together to generate tremendous marketing power. It's the most effective Internet strategy you'll find. Your membership fee helps support Woodfinder's aggressive advertising campaigns in major woodworking publications and on the Internet. It's like advertising in major woodworking magazines for less than the cost of a small classified ad in your local Sunday newspaper-- and far more economical than a display ad in your local Yellow Pages!
- I already have a Web site. Why should I join Woodfinder?
Your Web site is a great way to give your customers in-depth information about your business and products--once they find you! A recent search in AltaVista, a major search engine, for "hackberry lumber" returned a list of 82,185 Web pages on the subject! Imagine how many pages there are on "oak!" If your Web site doesn't show up in the first 20 to 40 listings of a Web search, no one will ever know you're there, regardless of how wonderful your site is.
Woodfinder provides the perfect "portal" to your site. When customers find your lilsting in Woodfinder, they're only a click away from your site!
- Do I need a Web site of my own if I join Woodfinder?
No. You don't even need a computer to benefit from Woodfinder membership. We will upload your initial Woodfinder listing for you. Then, customers will reach you by telephone, fax or any other means you specify in your listing. We even offer a map link that will give them a printed map and driving directions directly to your place of business.
In fact, if you don't have a Web site, Woodfinder is the perfect alternative. Why pay a lot of money to have someone design and build you a site--and more to host and maintain it--when you can reach more qualified buyers more effectively with Woodfinder?
- How do customers search Woodfinder?
Woodfinder offers several primary search options. They may be used in combination to narrow the search.
- by KEYWORD: The customer types in the name of a kind of wood (or any other search term, such as millwork, moldings, flooring, logs, etc.), and the Woodfinder search engine returns the listings of all our suppliers, sorted by state and county, who include that search term in their listing.
- by ZIP CODE: The customer inputs his 5-digit US ZIP code, and Woodfinder returns the listings of the nearest suppliers that meet all the other search criteria. The ZIP code search finds suppliers within 25, 50, 100 and 200 miles of your ZIP code, or just the ten that are nearest to you. (US visitors only)
- by COMPANY NAME: The customer enters a company name (or just the first few letters), and Woodfinder points to that company's listing.
- QUICK SEARCHES: We offer many "quick search" checkboxes, so customers can go directly to the specialty of their choice, such as suppliers of:
- boatbuilding woods
- turning blanks
- green wood
- salvaged and recycled wood
- certified wood
- musical instrument woods
- solid surface material
- custom sawing and sawmill services
- What are some other benefits of Woodfinder membership?
For one thing, if you sell any of the woods in our Wood Library, your company automatically shows up in the search results whenever a customer clicks on a wood photo.
- How do I join?
We thought you'd never ask! There are several easy ways to become a Woodfinder member, and several payment options are available.
- Online signup: Go to our signup page and follow the simple instructions there.
- By phone: Call toll-free 1-877-WDFINDR (1-877-933-4637). We'll answer all your questions and sign you up right over the phone.
- By mail: On our signup page, print the Order Form, fill it out and mail it with your check to Woodfinder, P.O. Box 493, Springtown, PA 18081.
- By fax: Fax the form to us at 1-610-797-5222.
- How much does it cost?
Currently, a one-year membership to Woodfinder is only $299--less than $25 per month--and far less than the cost of an ad in your local Yellow Pages.
- Once I join, how do I get my listing into Woodfinder?
If you sign up online, you will see a "welcome" page when you submit the Order Form. Follow the link to our Member Listing page and you're all set to upload your first Woodfinder listing.
You can update your listing at any time--as often as you like! Just click on the Members link, enter your username and password, and edit your listing.
If you like, we will upload your initial listing for you at no charge.
- Can I include pictures or graphics in my listing?
Yes. If you know some basic HTML, you may include it in your listing, to display images, format text, etc.
- Can I purchase banner advertisements on Woodfinder?
Yes. We offer several options for advertising, including "keyword banner" ads that appear whenever customers search for certain keywords, keyword phrases or quick search categories. Call us toll-free (1-877-933-4637) for more information.
Don't miss this great online opportunity!
CLICK HERE to sign up now!